Michael Lopp hits on the key structure for staff meetings.
- Have an agenda
- The Minimal Metrics Story — What are the minimum metrics that should be report in your meeting that contribute to the team understanding progress and creating visibility for potential issues.
- Rolling Team-sourced Topics — A staff meeting isn’t for the boss, it’s for their direct reports. See what your teams wants to talk about.
- Gossip, Rumors, and Lies — Address them, talk about them, see what the latest is.
- Key roles in a meeting
- Meeting Runner — Keep things on track
- Meeting Historian — Take big picture narrative notes. Email them out or post them for EVERYONE. That’s right, transparency is important. We should all know what’s happening around us.
Read his full essay. Worth it.