Cate Huston on key questions to ask if you’re interviewing with a team to become the team’s lead or manager.
- How long have you been at [company]?
- What were you doing before?
- What do you think your biggest contribution to the team is?
- What do you think the team needs right now?
- What’s your next career goal (if you have one)?
- What do you most want to learn?
- Did you have a manager you really liked? What kind of things did they do for you?
- Is there anything you think would make a big difference to your happiness at work?
- Is there anything you think would make a big difference to your ability to do your job?