The combination of the Internet, social media, and mobile devices ushers in an era of mass collaboration. These new technologies allow anyone to connect to anyone and everyone, at any time and there are already signs that the relationships we have with ourselves, with each other, and with our institutions are changing in response.
We are still early in this social revolution, so exactly how these changes play out is yet to be determined. But the general outline is coming into view along six trajectories.
- Media: From Audience to Community
- Individuals: From Consumer to Co-Creator
- Brands: From Push to Pull
- Organizations: From Hierarchies to Networks
- Markets: From Products to Platforms
- Leadership: From Control to Empower